Sunday, January 01, 2006

The Perfect Christmas Gift!
The Four Seasons Holiday Songs of 1967
The Four Seasons: Frankie Valli, Bob Gaudio, Tommy DeVito, Joe Long.
All tracks have been digitally remastered, but the bottom line is that it's one of the best-ever pop-rock Christmas albums, right up there with A CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR YOU FROM PHIL SPECTOR and the Beach Boys' CHRISTMAS ALBUM. It is a bit more traditional than either of those (translation: It rocks out only sporadically), but given the Season's vocal approach, there's something ineffably and wonderfully weird about hearing them sing, say, "The Excelsis Deo Medley"; this could easily be a bunch of Benedectine monks on helium. In any case, it's all but impossible to resist their great Jersey doo-wop take on "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" or a version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" done a la "Big Girls Don't Cry." Essential stuff!!

I Love this CD I have grown up listening to this CD on LP at my Mom's house and I was crying listening to the sound clips from this CD. I cannot believe that I found it on CD for my Mom !!!! She does not even have a LP player anymore so she cannot listen to her favorite holiday songs and this will just make her Christmas !!!!! Submitted by Sandy in Louisville, KY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home